BigWin99 wants to ensure that its players gamble in a responsible manner. We acknowledge that gambling can be addictive to some and affect their lives negatively. Since we care for our players and want online gaming to be an enjoyable experience, we offer various measures for our players to gamble responsibly. These can be set by the player and include the following:
At BigWin99, we believe that sports betting, poker and casino games should be played for fun and entertainment. However, we also realise that gambling can be addictive and there is a risk you could develop an addiction.
When a gambler loses the sense of fun that casual gambling is meant to provide, it means that he may have a problem. He may begin to look at gambling as a way to make money or, worse still, he keeps on gambling to try and win back the money he had previously lost. He often believes that, with luck, he may recoup the losses. When you find yourself chasing losses and betting more, the result is a vicious circle of piling up losses and increasing wagers to recover said losses.
Responsible Gambling Tips
For most people, gambling is exciting and entertaining. They make careful decisions about how to spend their time and money, and know where and how to have fun.
Here’s how you can control your gambling:
- Decide on a loss limit ahead of time and stick to it.
- Low-risk gambling is a way of playing with minimal chances of losing control. The key to low-risk gambling is to acknowledge that "it's only a game".
- Never borrow money to gamble.
- Set a limit on session time.
- Take frequent breaks.
- Balance gambling with other activities.
- Don't gamble when highly stressed, depressed, intoxicated or troubled in any way.
- Only gamble with money set aside for entertainment, never with money for everyday expenses.
You can realise that you have a problem with self-control:
- If you are leaving your family alone for extended periods of time, in favour of gambling.
- If you frequently argue with your partner about spending too much time and money on gambling and find that you cannot stop or exercise self-control.
- If you are gambling family money needed for rent/mortgage, schooling, medical bills, groceries, clothes, or heat.
- If you feel that you have to gamble to spend time with the people you can relate to.
- When you are with your family, at work, or at social events, you find that you are constantly thinking about your next bet.
- If you look at gambling as a way of making money fast.
- If your answer to any of the above is “YES”, then we suggest that you take immediate action BEFORE the problem worsens. There are many organisations that may help you deal with problem gambling.
Should you have any doubts, please complete the self-assessment quiz available here.
Account Closure and Self-Exclusion
Most of our players enjoy gambling without issues, but we do recognise that it can become a serious concern for some. That is why we offer players the ability to restrict their gambling or close their accounts.
Players can self-exclude for periods ranging from 24 hours to 30 days.
If you wish to self-exclude from your account indefinitely, please contact our Customer Service team.
The account closure may be shortened if a request is made in writing - subject to a 24-hour or seven day cooling-off period depending on the nature of the closure. The request can be made by contacting [email protected] or [email protected].
We reserve the right to keep accounts closed or deny a reactivation request, to ensure the safety of the player, as per the decision made by our Responsible Gaming Department.
For more information, please contact our Customer Service team.
Protection of Minors
With the Internet so readily accessible in homes around the world, responsible online gambling relies heavily on responsible parenting. In order to ensure child safety on the net, BigWin99 encourages its players to make use of filtering software to prevent minors from accessing inappropriate online material. Underage gambling is not only illegal but can also result in gambling dependencies and huge gambling debts incurred by unsupervised children.
Tips for Parents:
- Do not leave your computer unattended.
- Password-protect your computer.
- Do not allow persons under 18 to participate in any gambling/betting activity.
- Keep your login/account details and bank card(s) information out of reach of children.
- Do not save passwords onto your computer. Write them down instead.
- Limit the amount of time your children spend online and make use of software to prevent your children from accessing inappropriate material.
There is a number of third party applications that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict their computer's access to the Internet. These include:
- Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content: www.netnanny.com
- CYBERsitter filtering software allowing parents to add websites to a custom blocklist: www.cybersitter.com
For more information about raising awareness and understanding of emerging trends, as well as other issues regarding internet safety, we recommend that parents visit the EU co-funded website: www.betterinternetforkids.eu
Support-line for gambling addicts
If you believe that you might be addicted to gambling, we encourage you to seek help through our Responsible Gaming tools or the websites below. You can reach out to us through email, or anonymously contact one of the following independent organisations for professional help:
You can also download the BetBlocker tool here to restrict access to gambling websites for a chosen period of time.